The IoT India Congress 2016 today announced the shortlisted finalists for the first edition of the IoT Thought leadership Awards and the IoT Start-Up Awards. The two part award series celebrates the exemplary work done towards augmenting the growth of the IoT in India by individuals and emerging businesses.
The jury for the IoT Thought Leadership Award includes Sir Robin Saxby, Founder and Ex-CEO, ARM Holdings, TV Ramachandran, Hon FIET, President, Broadband India Forum, Dr Richard Mark Soley, Chairman and CEO at Object Management Group, Charles Anderson, Vice President, Head of Mobility & Internet of Things (IoT), IDC Asia / Pacific and Jaideep Mehta, Managing Director – IDC India and South Asia.
Eight IoT practitioners shortlisted from various sectors include:
· Adarsh B.U, Design Engineer at Smartron
· Debasis Bisoi, Vice President Manufacturing Vertical, Tech Mahindra
· Mrinmoy Purkayastha, VP Marketing at ALTEN Calsoft Labs
· Raman Vaidyanathan, Vice President – Strategic Solutions for Connected Engineering at Tech Mahindra
· Ravi Ramaswamy, Sr. Director & Head – Health Systems at Philips Innovation Campus
· Dr.Shyam Vasudeva Rao, President & CTO at Forus Health Pvt. Ltd.,
· Sudhir Brahma, Principal Engineer at Dell,
· Vikrant R. Sankhe, Country Lead / GM – Analytics & IoT at IBM India.
The jury for the IoT Start-up Awards were Suren Amarasekara, Chief Enterprise Officer, Aircel, Prof. (Dr) Balvinder Shukla, Vice Chancellor, Amity University, Dr. Frank Puhlmann, Head of Project Methodology and Solution Architecture, Bosch Software Innovations, Sanjeev Malhotra, Head, Centre for Excellence for IoT, NASSCOM, Jaideep Mehta, Managing Director – IDC India and South Asia.
The shortlisted names for the IoT Start-Ups Awards feature start-ups from a gamut of industries demonstrating the apt implementation of IoT technologies in making the day-to-day lives more productive and automated for consumers. These businesses are from sectors as varied as Energy, lifestyle, wearable technology, Artificial intelligence, Retail, Smart cities, Education and Healthcare.
The final ten shortlisted entries of the IoT Start-up Awards are:
· Cubical Laboratories Pvt. Ltd
· FluxGen Engineering Technologies Pvt. Ltd
· InThinks (Intuitive Scientific Research & Evolutions Pvt. Ltd.)
· IOT Pot India Pvt. Ltd
· K-Nomics Techno Solutions Pvt. Ltd
· Mobmerry Technologies Pvt. Ltd
· Oama Parking Solutions Pvt. Ltd
· Personal Air Quality Systems Pvt. Ltd. (PAQS)
· Preva Systems Pvt. Ltd
· Uncanny Vision
The top 3 finalists from the shortlisted entries will be announced by the jury for both IoT Thought leadership Awards and IoT Start-Up Awards on September 7 and 8, 2016 respectively.
Congratulating the shortlisted entries, Dr Rishi Bhatnagar, the Chairman of the IoT India Congress organising committee said, “The awards aim to tap the increasing entrepreneurial temperament in the country and foster upcoming businesses in the IoT ecosystem with the right platform and support. The entries for the two awards were very impressive and shortlisting the top names was indeed a difficult task. We are however, very happy with the quality of ideas India is producing each day through the efforts of such thought leaders and businesses and congratulate the finalists for their future endeavours”.
Shekhar Sanyal, Director and Country Head of IET India, the organising partners of the IoT India Congress, 2016 mentioned on the side lines of the Congress, “The IoT India Congress is a testimony to the brilliant strides made by businesses across verticals in the IoT sector. The realm of growth that this technology offers is infinite and the shortlisted Thought leaders and Start-ups prove the same with their intuitive solutions. My hearty congratulations to the shortlisted finalists of the IoT Thought leadership Awards and the IoT Start-up Awards.”